Friday, October 9, 2015

Warning: my most personal blog post yet

Day 1 of 100.

I am a little nervous to share that I have never lived a life that is completely, 100% truly my own. When I was a child, I played silly games, made funny voices, acted, had tea parties with stuffed animals, dressed up, danced, sang from the top of my lungs, ran around naked, and did it all with the loving support of my family and friends.

Prime example of my childhood: Goofin' around in my aunt's leggings 
Then, something happened.  I think I was in middle school.  I remember someone I cared for called me out on being too immature, or saying something along the lines of, "We're too old to do that."  As an impressionable kid, that stuck with me. From then on, I stopped acting so silly and I started to get serious.

Now, I'm trying to reverse this so I can fully be myself again.

I was 2 when I witnessed my father's sudden death. I had to cope with my mother's experience of mourning quickly, gracefully, and then raising me, alone, while working well over full time to provide for us.  My father's side of the family, whom I am extremely close with, always told me I was too young to realize what had happened, but who are they to tell me what they don't know? I wasn't too young to feel the full impact of my father's death.  Up until my teenage years, I didn't stir the drama pot in our home because I wanted to keep the peace. And I am just now, within the last couple years, starting to sort through all the emotional shit I've held onto, starting with this.

We all have a story that needs to be shared. I need to share my story with you, not only for me, but for you too.  I mean, the only reason I'm writing this right now, is because I was inspired by others who have shared their experiences too.  Our unique story is the hardest one to tell, but no soul journey is easy.  My mother raised me to be a strong, independent woman, however I'm learning there is incredible power and freedom in vulnerability.

My truth is unique to me, and therefore that is what makes me different.  I am asking you to show up as who you want to be.

Or maybe you're like me, and you don't know who you are or what your purpose is.  

How would you like to stop living the life you think everyone wants you to lead, and start living your own dreams? 

So today marks the start of my challenge, are you interested?

100 Days of Living your NAKED Truth.  Naked because being naked is freeing, vulnerable, and honest.   Truth because you can't hide anything when you're stripped down to your metaphorical skivvies.

Each week for 100 days, I'll be sharing my deepest, most honest feelings and experiences, sometimes the ones that only my journal sees. So join me! I'll be giving away my super authentic, no-BS secrets about holistic health, empowerment, spirituality and sexuality (this will be juicy, stay tuned).  I'll reveal to you tips and thought-provoking exercises so you can get closer to uncovering who you really are.
I'll be interviewing friends living their soul path, sharing ways you can bring more naked truth into your life, introducing you to my favorite teachers, leaders and coaches, and inspiring you to be the best god-damn creature of love I know you are.

I would love nothing more than to have you join me during these 100 days! You can subscribe to the blog, or simply skim when you're feeling bored.  Post a picture of yourself doing something that you love or share an experience you had that impacted you in some way. Use the hashtag #NakedTruth if you're on social media.  Tag when you are baring a little or a lot of your soul.  By the final day, you might find yourself living your wildest dreams and that anything you want can be yours.  KNOW that we need you to share your Naked Truth with us! I am dying to hear your stories! Please leave comments or send me an email or Facebook message with your story.  Or if you would like to get featured on my blog, I'd love to have you!

The countdown begins...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have any comments? Share the love!